LABORATORY PROCEDURES FOR PLANT CELL LINES
PC/1998/2/3.2 Appendix 1
Laboratory procedure for yeast and fungi test agar.
Tests for contamination by fungi or yeasts are performed on potato dextrose agar. The test agar is prepared according to the following procedure:
1. Potato infusion is produced as follows:
1.1. Boil 200 g scrubbed and sliced potatoes (avoid new potatoes) in 1000 ml water for 1 hour.
1.2. Pass through a fine sieve.
2. The following components are mixed in a measuring jug
Infusion from potatoes 1000.0 ml
Glucose 20.0 g
3. Add to 15 g agar in a 3 l Erlenmeyer flask with a bottom outlet and close with aluminium foil.
4. Autoclave for 30 minutes at 1.2 bar and 120 °C.
5. Pour into petri dishes (60 - 90 mm in diameter with ventilation) under sterile conditions and allow to solidify.
6. Wrap into a plastic bag and store at 4°C in the cold room.
Guidelines prepared for CABRI by DSMZ, 20 Jan. 1998
© The CABRI Consortium 1999-2017.